Skinceuticals CE Ferulic Serum: A Review.
‘’Fragrance-free, Non-Comedogenic, Phthalate-Free, Paraben-Free, Sulfate-Free”
Skinceuticals CE Ferulic Serum is a patented combination of antioxidant serum that contains 15% pure L-ascorbic acid (pure vitamin C), along with 1% alpha tocopherol (vitamin E) and 0.5% ferulic acid (organic compound from wall of plants). This product is one of the best vitamin C serum, money can buy.
“Tips: Anything lower than 10% of vitamin C, the product might be as not effective as you expect. The effective ratio will be between 10% to 20% of vitamin C.
Vitamin C is a pretty challenging active ingredients to get stabilize, and that’s why this 30ml bottle of serum carries a hefty price tag. It come white dark bottle since exposure to light can destroy vitamin C potency and reduce its shelf life.
The Skinceuticals CE Ferulic Serum is a highly effective antioxidant serum that combats the effects of skin aging. Combination of vitamin C (which we know effective to brighten the complexion overall, stimulate collagen to increase firmness and reduce pigmentation or slows down signs of photoaging), ferulic acid (help stabilize both vitamin), and vitamin E, which are essential to help revert damage to your skin barrier.
- It’s not cheap – $166 for 30ml.
- Slight irritation.
- Work as spot treatment for sensitive/acne-prone skin.
- Strong medicinal smell, metallic like.
- Only for morning routine.
- Watery consistency.
- Fast-absorbing, sticky at first.
- No greasy residue.
– 4-5 drops and apply using fingertips to your face, neck area. Once absorbed, it will remain active for 72 hours so the frequency of application will be 3 days once. If you want to use retinols or AHA, you might want to keep longer gap frequency such as 5 days once since these 2 ingredients can destabilize vitamin C. Careful when dripping to avoid wastage.
– Apply this serum after cleansing and toning step. Leave at least 10 minutes to let it work on your skin, before applying moisturizer or sunscreen. Applying sunscreen is a must due to vulnerability of vitamin C towards light exposure.
– Store in a cool dark place and screw the cap back on tightly to preserve the active ingredients. This serum will remain stable and effective for up to 6 months after opening the bottle. There are notes on the box mention, “L-ascorbic acid could oxidize and darken with time, but will remain effective”.
Tested and Proven:
‘’A 2012 study showed that application of CE Ferulic immediately after a laser treatment can decrease downtime by up to two days.’’
1 Elford, E. L., Anya Loncaric, L., Kalista, T., Oresajo, C., Struck, S. K., Bedi, V. P.,and Roy G. Geronemus, R. G. (2012). TREATMENT OF PHOTOAGED SKIN USING FRACTIONAL NONABLATIVE LASER IN COMBINATION WITH TOPICAL ANTIOXIDANTS. Solta Medical clinical publications.
Skinceuticals CE Ferulic Serum can be a great addition to a regular skincare routine as it’s highly concentrated amount of active ingredients helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, prevents dark spots from forming by inhibiting the melanin production, reduce discoloration and protect your skin from environmental damage. Vitamin C is lauded for its ability to help neutralizing free radicals (main cause of oxidative damage to skin cells) in the skin. Within one week usage, this serum can help boost skin’s radiance, bring bouncier, more even-toned and glow skin texture, thanks to the light touch of hydration by vitamin E.