How do Rubber Face Mask Work?
LAST UPDATED: DEC 25, 2022 / By Nura / InOfficeTreatment
South Korea is known for its skincare culture, and Asian sheet masks are especially popular. They are commonly used in the skin care routine and the type of mask will depend on the skin’s particular needs. A charcoal rubber face mask is suitable for acne-prone skin user, rubber mask that fill with aging intervention serum can be used to treat wrinkle and hyperpigmentation concern.
During olden days, Korean facial tend to mix active ingredients and base for skincare in a bowl to turn it into goopy substance before applying it to their face. This technique really helpful in driving loads of active ingredients into the skin and to get instant hydration boost.
And now in 2022, this classic Korean skin hydration technique is available in powder or liquid serum form. The method is still the same where it is applied on the face with a mix of water and serum in powder form that have active ingredients in it. This rubber mask can hydrate and nourish the skin deeply for 20 minutes giving a soothing effect with a long-lasting hydrated skin up to 72 hours. Because of its method where you need to applying using applicator, this is why it’s also known as ‘modeling mask’ or ‘facial modeling mask’.
Best Ingredients that you can look for when buying rubber face mask:
+ Acne-Prone concern – Salicylic Acid, Charcoal, Tea Tree Oil
+ Hyperpigmentation concern – Vitamin C
+ Redness concern – Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid
+ Sensitive Skin concern – Best to avoid mask that have fragrances in it. Choose a hydrating rubber mask.
How it Works?
- Start with a cleansed face to make sure the skin is prepared to absorb all active and nutrients from the mask.
- Mix this Korean mask powder (serum) with water, it will turn into some thick goopy liquid. The thickness is needed for effortless peel off afterwards.
- Then use the included applicator to get evenly distributed goopy liquid on your facial skin. This goopy liquid will form occlusive barrier on the skin and force packs of active ingredients into the skin. After few minutes, the goopy liquid will turn into rubbery texture due to its humectant ingredients that creating an evaporation-free barrier.
- Leave it for 20 minutes to make sure all ingredients absorb to the skin. Commonly, marine algae [Alginate] were use as humectant and this to make sure all ingredient within the mask were absorbed maximally by the skin. Alginate have the capacity to absorb water 20 times of its own weight and produce gel-like substance. When it dries on the skin, it will form a seal so the active can better absorb into the skin. But for rubber mask, the clay percentage is much more compared to Alginate so that it can take the rubbery texture on the skin.
- Continue with the next step of your skin routine, commonly toner or serum after applying this mask.
When applied to the face, a rubber facial masks immediately begins to provide soothing sensation and once it’s removed, it leaves behind an instantly refreshed, hydrated, nourished with radiant complexion. This made rubber facemask well-known among the Koreans because of the intense hydration it delivers, which is a big deal in Korea. Higher quality rubber masks can moist up your skin up to 72 hours. Please note that rubber mask and jelly mask is two different things. Rubber mask use clay as its base and jelly masks use algae as its base. But in Korea, these two types of masks also know as ‘modeling mask’.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]